Tuesday, August 2, 2011

FIL's Birthday Card

Paper Mermaids carries this adorable line of October Afternoon paper called 5 & Dime. One of the papers (titled "Root Beer Barrels" - how cute!) features this cute spread of nostalgic things like ice cream, kites, and birthday cakes - the perfect kind of paper for a birthday card!

I picked up some of this paper for my father-in-law, whose birthday was back in June. To change things up a bit, I decided to make his card an accordian-style card with 3 pages. I cut out a few of the images and glued them on to each page, stamped a Martha Stewart doily stamp around the images, then applied some sentiments.

My FIL loves chocolate, so I was so stoked that the paper included a chocolate cake! Of course, nothing's better than the real thing, so we made Steve a real-life chocolate cake to match. It was definitely a sweet day. ;)




Supplies:

October Afternoon - 5 & Dime paper
Martha Stewart Doily Lace Double Edge Punch
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire

No comments: