Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tim Holtz Configurations Box

Ever since I saw these shadowboxes at Paper Mermaids, I just had to have one! Tim Holtz Configurations boxes come in several sizes and can be configured any way you like. Once you like how your little boxes are laid out, you can start gluing your boxes to the base of the shadowbox. Some people use tissue tape to hold all the boxes in but don't apply any glue. Personally, I like knowing that my project is made as sturdy as possible, so I use tissue tape AND glue to secure all the little boxes.

Anyhoo, I had this idea to make something for my in-laws that showcased all the things that were important to them. My MIL let me use all these cute West Highland Terrier pins which was perfect, as I know how much they love Westies. I used some shells I got from Paper Mermaids, along with some fun metal letters to create the words "joy" and "love." I really liked how this box turned out and can't wait to start a smaller one that I've stowed away!




Supplies:

Tim Holtz Configurations Box
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
Tim Holtz Foundation Feet, Curio Knobs, and Corners
Prima Flowers
Bo Bunny Trinkets

No comments: