Friday, July 22, 2011

Fairy Jar

Since it had only been a month or so that I discovered Paper Mermaids, I thought I'd scour their Facebook page to see what kind of projects and classes they offered in previous months.

The project that caught my eye immediately was a beautiful Fairy Jar. It wasn't much longer that I started grabbing an empty glass jar, yarn, cardstock, and an old photo. I first cut out an old picture and a butterfly from some cardstock. I glued the butterfly behind the photo to create my fairy's wings. Then I stamped a piece of paper with a Tim Holtz crown stamp, cut it out, and attached it to the fairy. I stuck a bunch of unruly yarn around the fairy to create a bit of a moss effect. I glued some beads to the inside of the jar, then inked a tag and wrote some scripture on it.


The back of the jar:


The side:


For the top of the container, I cut a round piece of cardstock and poked holes through the paper. (Fairies, like ladybugs or caterpillars or any other small living creature, need to breathe, too!) I attached an orange Prima flower, a few bits of bling, and another joyful saying.


The finished project!






No comments: