Saturday, July 23, 2011

Retirement Card

For the last few decades, John Baker has directed the Rex Putnam choir from Milwaukie, Oregon. The choir has won state several times, and if you've ever heard them in person, it's no wonder why. I've been fortunate to hear the Rex Putnam choir sing at the First Presbyterian Church twice, with the most recent performance being the most emotional.

This year marked John's final year as choir director, so a retirement party was in store. My mom-in-law asked me to create a card for John, which I was more than happy to do. I wanted to make something that expressed deep gratitude for all that Mr. Baker has done versus something that focused merely on retirement, as I know John would do this for the rest of his life if he could.


Supplies:

Graphic 45 - Curtain Call paper
Prima flowers
Martha Stewart punch around the page
Tim Holtz bingo letter
Bazzil Just The Edge
Martha Stewart Custom Stamp Setting Kit

No comments: