Happy Halloween! Here are some treat bags I made ... I got the idea for these little favors while I was looking at apartments this summer. The property manager gave me this adorable little favor that housed a few pieces of candy. All it was was a strip of cardstock; nothing too fancy! I kept it to use as a template for my own treat bags some day. They're so cute and simple, you can use them for any occasion or holiday!
So here's how to make your own treat bags:
1. Cut a piece of 12x12 cardstock into 3 strips measuring 10 7/8"long x 3 1/4" wide.
2. Take each strip and score it at three points along the strip. Starting from the bottom and moving up, here is where to score: 3 7/8", 5 3/4", and 9 5/8".
3. Fold the three areas that you scored; a triangle-shaped box should be formed.
4. Trim the top edge of the strip with your favorite pair of fun scissors or punch.
5. Pinch the bag together at the top, then punch a hole.
6. Cut some alternating cardstock into 2 1/4" squares. Stamp the squares then apply to the front of your bag with glue.
7. Punch a hole into a little plastic bag and fill it with candy. Thread some ribbon through the back of the bag, then the bag of candy, the front of the bag, and then the flap. Tie your ribbon and attach a tag if you want!
Sizzix Scallop Tag die
Ranger embossing powder