Monday, October 17, 2011

Wooden baby satchel

My dear friend Anna is expecting her first little one and I (along with a congregation worth of people) am more than excited for her and her hubby! Anyhoo, I had the idea of making something for the baby's room, and instantly I thought of this wooden purse I found at Creative Crafts in Corvallis.

The front and back are covered with a light turquoise and white stripe paper, with some Peter Rabbit lovin' on the front. I applied my favorite crochet ribbon along with a Bo Bunny trinket.


For the back, I created a banner and attached a couple Prima flowers.


Here's what the inside looks like:


I figure Anna could put some words of advice, pictures, safety pins, and anything else inside this little satchel ... These little purses are so cute, I'm going to have to make myself one someday!

Supplies:

Graphic 45 - Once Upon a Springtime paper
Bo Bunny paper
Walnut Stain distress ink
Prima flowers

2 comments:

So Truly Lovely said...

I cannot believe how talented you are! YOu make things that people look at and then thing, "wow-someone actually made this!"

Our little one loves the little gift already (I can tell) and it is awaiting the start of the nursery for its debut :)

Love you!!!!

Maria said...

Aw, thank you, lady! And I'm happy to hear the baby likes the satchel so far!! :) Love YOU & can't wait to see you and your new home!!