Thursday, October 20, 2011

Autumn-inspired birthday card

I'm not a huge purple person, but I will admit, it's a lovely fall color - especially when you pair it with orange! Hence the color palette for this card. :)

There's this die from Sizzix that cuts out all these cute little leaves, branches, and acorns. I thought they'd be great embellishments to this card. I cut them out on white paper, then inked each one using some distress ink.

I happened to have some leftover flowers from Danielle's graduation card that seemed to match my color scheme perfectly. I just love flowers!!

Oh, and something I need to add to my Tips & Tricks section. When you find some paper you really love, but two sheets. You never know how quickly that paper will sell out! I love the plaid paper I used for Ashley's card and wish I had bought another piece. Ah ... you learn ... :)



Supplies:

Jenni Bowlin paper - Halloween
Bazzil cardstock
Mulberry Street - paper flowers
Sizzix Decorative Strip die - Autumn Gatherings
SEI - Homestead paper

No comments: