Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Final Projects for the Graphic 45 Design Team 2013 Audition

Hey, friends!

Tomorrow morning at 5:00 a.m. PST Graphic 45 will announce their 2013 design team! Wouldn't it be a dream if all 30 of us made it? Like, what if the whole "final 15" was just a joke? Ah, like I said - I can dream, right?

I sent in my video to G45 with my three final projects last Wednesday evening, and I've been mildly paranoid ever since. Whatever the outcome, I am filled with so much joy for even making the first round and for discovering tons of new artists that I can't wait to see more of. :)

So, here are the final projects that I made!  

Altered pencil box, upcycled pizza box, and kraft envelope album!


Project #1: French Country - Upcycled Pizza Box
Style: Stately, practical, upcycled

First is an upcycled pizza box that I converted into a menu album! This project pays a nod to my passion for re-using everyday items and turning them into something pretty and practical. I love making dinner for friends and have always dreamed of making a fun yet practical way of describing what's for dinner. The final round gave me the opportunity to try out this idea using the beautiful French Country paper line and die cut flowers! 




Inside the menu album are a couple photo mats that I covered with clear masking tape. Just take a dry erase marker to write down what's for dinner (or leave your guests a little note) and simply erase for the next guest! Also, I just fell in love with this paper's fruit images, so it was only natural to use all of them for a food-related album. I didn't have the cardstock alphabet stickers, so I borrowed some from my Olde Curiosity Shoppe stash.


Graphic 45 Products: 

  1. French Country papers 
  2. French Country Stickers
  3. French Country Flowers
  4. Tropical Travelogue (green leaves on the front cover)
  5. Olde Curiosity Shoppe alphabet stickers


Project #2: A Ladies' Diary and Kraft Reflections - Altered Pencil Box
Style: Feminine, eclectic, whimsical

I love Graphic 45's altered boxes, but sadly I didn't have the new matchbox box yet. Sooo .. I chose to alter a pencil box instead! I love creating with a variety of Graphic 45 Staples, so I wanted to share an example of how I like to design around a box shape. I also like to change my projects up from time to time, so I thought it would be fun to design with two paper lines: A Ladies Diary and Kraft Reflections!


To put a spin on this pencil box, instead of having it open and close and behave like a traditional box, I made it more like a book. When you open the "cover", out pops a "mini" mini album that I accordian-folded and adhered to the base of the pencil box.



Finally, I wanted to showcase one of the amazing stamp and die sets that Graphic 45 created with Sizzix. I love stamping and die cutting, so when I first found out about these new products earlier this year, I just about passed out. This is the stamps with clock design and I absolutely love it!


Graphic 45 Products: 

  • A Ladies' Diary paper
  • Kraft Reflections paper
  • Metal Flower Staples
  • Metal Button Staples
  • Metal Tag Staples
  • Mini Envelope Staples



Project #3: Secret Garden - Kraft Envelope Album
Style: Shabby, feminine, imaginative


My last project is a Graphic 45 kraft envelope album that I decorated with the beautiful Secret Garden line and whimsical metal clothespins. :) We've all seen the tan kraft album before, but I wanted to use it in a slightly different way. The envelopes themselves, when upright, made me think of seedling packets .... and with spring here and Mother's Day right around the corner, I thought this could make a great Mother's Day or spring birthday gift for the gardener in your life!


I used silk ribbon to "bind" the envelope pages together. And to cover up the binding holes on the bottom of the envelopes, I folded some of the Meadow Lark paper in half and adhered to both sides. 


Like I mentioned earlier, I love stamping - so I stamped each envelope with the matching Secret Garden stamps and then embossed them with gold powder. I felt the gold was very regal and elegant - and that the stamped pattern brought a little character. 


The album folds out and is decorated on both sides. You can see the tops of real seedling packets that I stuck inside!



Graphic 45 Products: 

  • Secret Garden paper
  • Secret Garden stamps
  • Kraft envelope album
  • Metal Clothespin Staples


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that is all ... less than 9 hours to go! Best of luck to everyone and have a wonderful evening!

Xoxo,

Maria

15 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

Fingers crossed! I love your work :)

Paula

ann said...

Beautiful projects, I hope you make the team. xx

My Take on Paper Crafts said...

Congratulations on making the Graphic 45 design team , your work is beautiful!

Patti aka NW Lady said...

Congratulations! Your projects and video were wonderful. You will do Graphic 45 proud being on their 2013 team. Hugs!
Patti

Paula Calvanico said...

*SQUEE* You did it!! I am soooo very happy for you,this is truly, of all the design teams out there to be on, the creme de la creme :) I know you'll have a great year and can't wait to see what you create for all us paper hussies!

Paula

EWright said...

Congratulations on making the design team!!!

Carol said...

Many congratulations! They couldn't have chose any one more deserving the you. I am really looking forward to your projects for G45...can't wait!

MrsFox said...

Maria, your art is so beautiful and you have a beautiful soul to match. Congratulations on making the design team. Graphic 45 is lucky to have you.

Janna said...

3 gorgeous projects! Congrats! You must be just thrilled!!

cheap nfl nike jerseys said...

Congratulations on making the Graphic 45 design team , your work is beautiful!

cyndie2010 said...

Maria, Congratulations on making the G45 Design Team. Your projects are absolutely gorgeous. I am a new follower and just want to say I love your projects. I can't wait to see what you create as a designer for the team. Once again, Contratz. Cyndie

Unknown said...

Congratulations Maria!!!!! I knew they would have to choose you because your art is just SO beautiful!! I can hardly wait to see what wonderful new creations you'll be coming up with as an official G45 Design Team Designer!! Again, congratulations, it's very well deserved :)

Miranda Edney said...

Beautifullllll work!

Sandra said...

Congrats Maria! I know how much you wanted to make the G45 DT! And you did! So fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

LISA said...

Maria,there was no doubt in my mind...Congrats on making the G45 DT!!! Y
our work for the entries is just gorgeous. Very inspiring. I look forward to following your work with the team. So so happy for you and left you a shout
out on my Facebook page!!!