Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do Not Disturb Sign

Now that I'm obsessed with scrapbooking and papercrafting, I finally have something unique that I can give to friends and family. I've been on a rampage the past few months and hoped to share all of my creations here, but alas, my laptop froze up on me last week and I lost ALL my projects. Fortunately, I got my laptop fixed, and there are still a few things lying around the house that haven't been dished out yet to loved ones, so I've re-snapped some photos and will post them all soon!

I wish I had a better picture of this door sign I made for a co-worker, but this pic I took from my phone will have to do, so forgive me for the quality! Anyhoo, the idea behind this project came from the fact that Kris is a busy, busy woman, and that she really enjoys her R&R whenever she can get some. Kris is such a hard worker and she really gives her all. Not to mention, she's the mom of 5 kids and a doting wife! What could be more perfect for her than a fun sign she could hang outside her door whenever she needed some time to herself.

I started with a piece of cardboard from a cereal box. My friend Lisa from Paper Mermaids gave me this tip when I first started crafting and let me tell you, it is amazing what you can do with recycled cardboard! I then grabbed this pretty blue and green print paper as the base, and applied a Spellbinders die cut to the center. I stamped it with the sentiment "No Margarita, No Enter!" and then placed die cut flourishes around the oval. Some Spellbinders butterflies were also added, and I tied everything together with some pretty green tulle and a button.


Kris informed me that she's also in need of a sign that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". This sign was so much fun to make, so I'm excited to put another one together for her!

Supplies:

Recycled cardboard
Spellbinders - Lacey Ovals
Spellbinders - Butterflies 2
Sizzix - Flourishes dies
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Peeled Paint & Broken China
Tulle
Twine

No comments: