Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Card Trio

The other day ago, I challenged myself to make a set of 3" x 4" cards using scraps and the same piece of  turquoise-colored cardstock that I embossed with a Tim Holtz folder.

For the first card, I cut the embossed cardstock to 2 2/8" x 3 2/8" and saved the rest for my other 2 cards. I used the Sew Easy stitcher to create holes around the front, which I filled in with marigold-colored floss. I then cut out a Spellbinders die and stamped an adorable sentiment on it. As always, I applied some prima flowers and a pearl, two of my favorite embellishment pieces. I lightly inked the edges with Distress Ink and called it good. 



The second card contained some Tim Holtz Brackets dies that I had cut, along with some Sizzix Buttons,  an adorable die set that I couldn't pass up at $4.99. I always thought that blue colors cut with the Brackets dies created sort of a wave effect ... hence, the "Come Sail Away" sentiment that I stamped with a $1 stamp set from Michaels. 


I used some of my favorite Graphic 45 paper for my last card, along with some new doggy stamps that I got. I figured I'd try them out ... I think they'll do for my dog books that I'll be making later this summer! I also used some lace to frame the dog and applied a couple teal pearls around the sentiment. 


This was definitely a fun challenge ... It's always fun to see what you can make with what you have lying around. :) Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:

Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire, Rusty Hinge, Broken China & Scattered Straw
Sizzix Tim Holtz Damask & Regal Flourishes embossing folder
Sizzix Buttons #5 die
Teal pearls
Sew Easy Stitcher

No comments: