Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fashionista Birthday Card

Earlier last month, I was in Corvallis and decided to stop by Creative Crafts & Frame Shop on Kings Boulevard. While there, I found a fun paint can that I used for a new baby project, along with some Graphic 45 "Fashionista" paper for my friend Chelsey's upcoming birthday.

Chelsey is one of the most stylin' girls I know. Not only is she gorgeous, but she has quite an eye for fashion! Seriously, even when the woman's preggers, she looks fabulous. So of course, the Fashionista paper was more than fitting.

For the front of the card, I cut out part of the Fashionista page, added a sheer cream-colored ribbon and a few navy pearls. I also used my trusty Sizzix Scallop tag to hold my sentiment, which I stamped and embossed. (I'm so grateful that the ladies at Paper Mermaids introduced me to heat embossing - it adds another dimension to your cards that you can't get with a regular stamp effect.)

For the inside of the card, I cut out a piece of red and white paper and used that as the backdrop for more fashion-friendly goodness. I added a scrap I had of some yellow cardstock that I embossed with the Cuttlebug "Textile" embossing folder, along with some flowers I cut out from a piece of coordinating Graphic 45 paper called "Potpourri".

The back of the card has a Spellbinders Lacey Ovals die; it's one of my favorite dies to play with. I really like how Chelsey's card turned out and can't wait to drop it in the mail tomorrow!





Supplies:

Cuttlebug - Textile embossing folder
Graphic 45 - Fashionista paper
Navy pearls
Bazzil cardstock
Spellbinders - Lacy Ovals

No comments: