Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recipe Book

A co-worker of mine loves cooking and loves sweets - so I decided to make her a recipe book. I used an envelope and tag album that I bought from Paper Mermaids along with a healthy dose of Tim Holtz Distress Ink and country charm, ala October Afternoon paper. I used the envelopes as meal type dividers ("breakfast", "lunch", "dinner", and "dessert") as well as placeholders for additional recipes. As for the tags, I made little "ingredient" and "directions" templates on each, and even threw in my lemon bar recipe. ;)

I lost all the photos I took of the project, but thankfully, my mom-in-law had snapped a photo of the cover on her camera. This was actually my favorite part of the project, as the cover of any scrapbook or minibook totally sets the tone for the rest of the book. I used some blue gingham paper from the Graphic 45 "Magic of Oz" line, then added a couple October Afternoon elements that I applied glossy accents to. The mannequin was created with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Sewing Room die, which I dressed up with some more Graphic 45 paper, a white apron, and my favorite crochet ribbon tucked in at the bottom.



Supplies:

Sizzix Tim Holtz - Sewing Room die
October Afternoon - Five & Dime paper
Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire & Rusty Hinge
Graphic 45 - The Magic of Oz & On The Boardwalk paper

No comments: