Friday, November 18, 2011

Girlie Grunge - November 2011 challenge

I am so excited ... I am officially participating in my first challenge!

Girlie Grunge is a fun website that Donna Salazar created where artists, papercrafters, and all other crafty ladies share their projects, learn cool new techniques, and take classes from designers like Donna herself! Girlie Grunge is putting on their first challenge, which is to create a card or tag using one of Donna's products, handmade flowers, and some corrugated board. I was ecstatic because I already had some leftover corrugated paper from Scott's anniversary card, plus Donna Salazar's Rose Creations Spellbinders die. Here is my submission:


First, I stamped a craft tag with some steampunk stamps, then inked the edges with some Tim Holtz distress ink. Then, I cut out several petals from my Rose Creations die using lime green Bo Bunny paper, cream cardstock, and white cardstock. I inked each petal, crumpled them up a bit, then applied glitter and glimmer glass along the edges.



For the leaves, I used my Rose Creations die to cut out the two biggest leaf patterns. I inked them, stamped them, then crumpled them up as well.



I distressed the corrugated board by ripping the edges with a nail file and my hands (um, Distress-It-All for Christmas if you're reading this, hon?) then applied my favorite crochet ribbon on top. That as well was distressed by ripping the ends of the ribbon.


And this gorgeous ribbon was a little "Thank you" goody I received Etsy ... thank you, Karen from Creative Seconds!!


There you have it, ladies!! Can't wait to see what the other ladies from Girlie Grunge come up with! I'll be gone all weekend (taking some time out with the hub) so you have a wonderful, blessed, crafty weekend!! 


Supplies: 

Craft tag
Donna Salazar Rose Creations die
Tim Holtz distress ink
Glimmer Glass
Corrugated board
Steampunk stamps

4 comments:

Janna said...

Awesome tag!!!

Maria said...

Thank you, Janna!!

sweet art designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sweet art designs said...

I just saw your tag on pinterest and had to comment- Wow! it is wonderful.
-Myrna