Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas cards - part 2

So what's your opinion on non-traditional Christmas cards? You know, ones that aren't your typical red, green, and white? I personally think they're a little refreshing ~ they're a fun twist to the usual holiday color palette. Well, here are some Christmas cards I made using brown, orange, blue, and lime green ... I kinda like how they turned out!






You can't really see it, but the yellow Stickles I applied to the brown snowflake look sooo pretty! You should try it on one of your next creations. And throw on Mindy Smith's "My Holiday" CD while you're at it. :)


Supplies:

Summer's End paper
Sizzix ornament die
Martha Stewart punch
Spellbinders - Fleur de Lis motifs & Labels 8 (4? 2?) dies
Sizzix - Regal Flourishes embossing folder
Cuttlebug - Swiss Dot embossing folder
Bazzil cardstock
Stickles

2 comments:

Paper Nurse said...

love the colors and great use of your spellbinders....perfect!

Maria said...

Thank you, Carol! I used all the Summer's End paper from the store to make these - I really like nontraditional colors now!!