Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas cards - part 4

Actually, the title of this post should be "Christmas CARD" as I've only had time to make one Christmas card the past couple of weeks. :(

This card features one of the newest Sizzix holiday dies that come with matching embossing folders. I picked it up yesterday from Paper Mermaids and can't wait to play with it more! I loved Carol's Sizzix bird card so much, that I wanted to apply the same Tattered Angels glimmer mist and rock candy accents to mine as well.

To make the tree, I first cut out the shape using French Vanilla cardstock. I then embossed it with the custom folder, inked it with Pine Needle, then applied Forest Moss distress stain all over the top. I then sprayed the tree with Pearl glimmer mist, then applied Stickles to various areas. The snowflakes also have glimmer mist and a little Rock Candy on top.


Supplies:

Sizzix tree & snowflake dies
Stickles
Rock Candy
Glimmer mist
Pine Needle distress ink
Bo Bunny - Father Christmas paper
Bazzil cardstock
Gathered Twig distress ink
Distress Stain in forest moss

2 comments:

Paper Nurse said...

I like it!

Laura Lee said...

Almost 10 years later I'm finally playing with this die! :) Thanks for the inspiration!