Sunday, September 18, 2011

Recycled Storage Container

Lately I've been obsessed with all this recycled stuff lying around -- empty aluminum cans that once held pumpkin pie mix, glass spaghetti sauce jars, and even plastic spice bottles. (Here's an example of what you can do with a finished toilet paper roll!) There is soooo much potential with these items and while I'd love to give most of them to the recycling people, I'm keeping a few of them for some fun storage ideas.

After making a batch of pumpkin bars last week, I decided to salvage the aluminum can that they pumpkin mix came in. Its size seemed perfect to store all the larger die cuts that I have lying around with no home. So I removed the label and washed the entire can, then wrapped a piece of twine around it. I attached a tag and a paper button to properly label this new must-have for my craft area.


No comments: