Monday, January 5, 2015

Project Life 2015 Week 1/2

Happy New Year!!

Is there anything you're excited for in 2015? I can tell you that Project Life has definitely been one of my goals and hopes for the new year!

Since I'm such a Graphic 45 aficionado, I chose Time To Flourish as the base paper for all of my 2015 layouts. It's so rich and beautiful and the designs go so well with each season. I've already made layouts for the entire year, now it's a matter of plugging in photos and embellishing!

I'm not sure when Project Life would "officially" start as January 1st fell on a Thursday, so I'm calling January 1st through January 3rd "week 1/2" - a special mezzanine kind of mini-week that deserves its own page spread.


For some versatility, I used a couple of my go-to Spellbinders dies to cut some fun "card" shapes. Another thing I plan on doing with Project Life, is to apply a retro filter to all of my photos. It just seems to go with G45's already vintage feel. If you have an iPhone, the filter I'm using is the "Instant" one.


I LOVE how the Instant filter made this photo I took of the Yaquina Bay Bridge look so retro! It reminded me so much of a postcard. I know I wasn't the only one snapping photos of the bridge that day. If you're wondering, I'm cropping most of my photos so that I can place them behind a white piece of printer paper. Some places like Costco give you the option of printing with a white border. Me, I just have a ton of white printer paper that needs to be used up!



I know it's ironic that my New Year's resolutions are sandwiched between a gingerbread man and my chocolate hazelnut shake from Burgerville, but hey, all in moderation. :)


I'm so happy I found my Amy Tangerine date stamp. I was certain I gave it away (something I have a tendency to do with really nice things) but lo and behold, it surfaced during a recent trip to storage. Too bad I forgot to change the year to 2015! Oh well, that's real life for you. The snowflakes are from Gina's Designs - part of my G45 Design Team haul from last year. What a blessing and thrill it was!


And there you have it. Pretty simple for the most part. Since I'm only doing one 12" x 12" layout per week, I'll have plenty of room in my album for lots of popped up pages.


So what does the other side look like? If you flip over Week 1/2, it looks pretty scary right now. But stay tuned for next week! Thanks so much for stopping by! And if you haven't already, check out Graphic 45's blog for some AMAZING CHA sneak peeks. One of my all-time favorite paper lines has been resurrected and my head is already spinning with ideas.


Supplies

Graphic 45 Time To Flourish January Cut Apart
Graphic 45 Time To Flourish January Flourish 
Bo Bunny brads
Spellbinders - Labels 8, Decorative Rectangles
We R Memory Keepers page protectors

1 comment:

Leslie G said...

I need to try Project Life because I have so many photos to scrap and so much paper stashed. LOL I'm also going to try the filter you suggest. :) Thank you for sharing the tips and projects. Your layouts are fabulous!