Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'm alive! :)

Hi Crafty Friends!

Boy, am I glad to be back! So, for almost a month, I've been organizing our big move from the Oregon coast to the greater Seattle area. Organizing, packing, moving, unpacking, etc. ... Despite the crazy snowstorm that hit Seattle - and not to mention, the ridiculous high winds and flooding that pulverized the coast - my husband and I made it safe and sound to Washington. Our cellphone reception has been very spotty, and because we've been without internet for the past few weeks, getting a hold of us has not been very easy. Well, today was a fantastic day: we finally got internet service, I found out that my altered jars won the January 2012 Girlie Grunge challenge (oh my gosh, still can't believe it, thank you!!!), and I spent the entire day with my Oregon family who were visiting for the weekend. I also jumped on Twitter just now and saw that Graphic 45 is holding their 2012 Design Team call ... my little mind is spinning right now, so really, it's a great day!

Because my craft room has been boxed up the past few weeks, I don't have a project to share with you ... but I do have a photo from today's many adventures! Here's a view from Seattle at Kerry Park. My sis moved into this area over a month ago, so I know this won't be my last visit. :)


Thank you for stopping by, and I look forward to catching up on all of your creations! (It was nearly impossible trying to do it from my cellphone. Fixing our voice & 3G coverage is the next and final move-related task!)

7 comments:

My Take on Paper Crafts said...

Welcome back and glad your move went well. Congratulations on the "girly Grunge" win, your jars are amazing, absolutely love the color. Thank you for al;l the very nice comments you left on my blog, I think I am finally getting the hang of this downloading thing :)

Sandra said...

Great to hear that you're back and that all is well! Thanks for you lovely comments! Those jars were very pretty, congrats!! Hope you get the time to unpack craftroom soon, so you can make pretty stuff.

Have a wonderful weekend

Janna said...

Yay! Your back!!! I have been missing your posts! Congrats on your jars, that's awesome, and I hope you make the Graphic 45 design team, that would be so much fun! Thank you for you nice comments on my blog! Looking forward to your next creations!

anna christensen crafts said...

Hurrah! You're back Maria. I've really missed visiting you and am so happy that you are all moved in. how is Seattle? Congrats on your win for your gorgeous bottles - very well deserved :) Anna xx

Maria said...

Thanks for visiting, ladies! Becky, you are doing a great job -- soon you'll be doing all sorts of things with your blog! Sannie, you've been churning out so many great projects, I hope to keep up with you! :) Miss Janna, goodness, it would be a dream come true! If only ... ooh, and thank you for letting me know about that store! The Bellevue one is the closest to me! Anna, you are so sweet, thank you so much - Seattle is AWESOME!! I was born here & moved to Portland when I was 9 but made many, many trips to visit family, so it's pretty cool being in my "state of origin" again! :)

So Truly Lovely said...

Hallelujah you are back!!! Congratulations on winning that contest-you are a scrapbooking force and I am so happy that you love it so much and are SOOOOO GIFTED. I am also super stoked you and Therese now live near each other-who could have orchestrated that?!?! Oh yes, God :) Love you!!!

Maria said...

Thank you, Miss Anna! God is definitely responsible for everything -- He amazes me every day! I know we were totally covered in prayer during the whole move - it leads me to believe the Lord has more good stuff in store! Love YOU & I'm anxious as HECK for baby Norman's arrival!!!!