Thursday, June 4, 2015

Gift Card Holder Tutorial

Happy Thursday!

I have a clean and simple little tutorial for you today. It's a gift card holder that I made for a very special high school graduate. :)



My lovely friend Lauren gave me these beautiful Avery Elle Bonjour stamps and I just love them! I thought they would make a fun focal point for the gift card holder. For a soft and pretty look, I used Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Victorian Rose Distress Ink pads. (And yes, I really need to get the mini ones, they would probably look even cuter and daintier next to my stamps.)


Grab some 5.5" wide x 4.25" tall cream cardstock. (I used some paper a friend gave me from Paper Source. It has a really pretty sheen to it and came with ric-rac edges.) 

From a 12" x 12" Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper pad, fussy cut a couple stamps, mini butterfly and a couple pink flowers. Cut out the word "Celebration" and stamp "Ooh La La" onto some scratch paper. Trim a piece of 4.75" wide x 2 1/8" tall blue stripe paper and trim a piece of blue teapot border to 4.75" long. 


Use the solid macaron stamp and stamp three times along the top of the card. Adhere all your other little pieces. I popped up one stamp and one flower with foam dots. 


For the back, trim a piece of 4.75" wide x 3.5" tall blue stripe paper. Cut out the journaling card with pink flowers and blue butterfly. If you have the Botanical Tea chipboard set, remove the piece with three blue butterflies.


Glue the blue stripe paper first. Adhere the chipboard piece to the journaling card. Then, place adhesive on the bottom, left and right sides ONLY of the journaling card to create a pocket. You can also tuck some cash in here, too!


There you have it! A clean and simple little gift card holder. Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments: