Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Year, new resolution that I hope to keep!

Well, Happy New Year, dear crafty friends!

I hope 2013 has been very good to you so far. If you have any resolutions, hopes, dreams, or other goals for the new year, I hope all of them come true for you!

Recently, I shared with my fellow blog friend Sandra about a resolution I really want to keep this year: to make at least one project for myself every month! Specifically, I want to start scrapping my life!

I knew I wanted to start documenting everyday life, but I couldn't decide how to do it. Do I go the traditional 12 x 12 layout route, but then keep a separate journal? Or, do I try the quick yet thorough Project Life approach but nix the layouts? I love elements of both, so I decided to grab the December 2012 Teresa Collins kit and turn that into my journal/scrapbook/planner/Project Life book!

Teresa's kit came with (2) 10 x 10 covers, (4) binder rings, (2) pieces of paper from her "Now & Then" line, a package of trim, gorgeous blingy embellishments, and calendar and journaling templates. The original instructions were to trim the covers down to something like 5" x 7", but because I wanted to use this book for layouts as well, I ended up trimming my book to 8" x 10". I also used all (4) binder rings instead of the 2 suggested in the kit and widened the border. My last tweak to the cover design was to add a monogram die cut from Teresa's "Sophisticated" Cricut cartridge. Emilyn, if you're reading this, I will bring yours to the staff meeting tomorrow!



I am in love with Teresa's simple yet stunning style. She has lots of new gorgeous paper lines coming out soon! I can't wait to use some of her new designs as I fill out my 2013 book. :)

Another crafty friend of mine, Janna, has a new crafty resolution as well! Her new adventure is starting an art journal! Her first page is just awesome. I love how she's stretching her creative abilities and venturing into art journal territory. Do you have any new crafty goals?

I love how the new year always brings about new ideas and resolutions to live our lives more meaningfully. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Maria

3 comments:

Janna said...

Your journal is just beautiful Maria!! I am so happy to see you are back to posting on your blog! :) Thank you for me mentioning me. I hope the next time that we come up your way, that I might meet up with you where you do your classes! :)

Sandra said...

Gorgeous journal, Maria! Love Teresa Colin's stuff! What a great way to make your resolution happen! I hope yours come true as well! You're such a sweetheart and am so happy to have met you! Thanks for mentioning me! Big hugs! Sandra

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous journal and wonderful resolution!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/