Thursday, February 23, 2012

Strange & Lovely Things At The Olde Curiosity Shoppe

Hello once again! I have a final project to share this week ... a Tim Holtz Configurations Tray using Graphic 45's whimsical "Olde Curiosity Shoppe" paper collection!


This paperline is all about curiosity, whimsical treasures, and intrigue. I thought it would be fun to try out a configurations tray and turn it into a little "store front" for some Strange & Lovely things!

Starting counterclockwise, I have a shadowbox within a shadowbox in my lower left.


Up next are some little glass vials that I applied some alcohol ink to. One of the vials has an Olde Curiosity sticker wrapped around the bottom. The leg in the bottle reminds me of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story


Then we have butterflies ... and more little vials ... 


The bottom right of my tray contains a birdcage, an Olde Curiosity chipboard button that I added a Tim Holtz game spinner to, and a chipboard tag with old apothecary bottles. 


Here's my favorite part of the tray, featuring a glass vial with a frog inside (cut from one of the Olde Curiosity chipboard tags) and another with an eyeball sticker. I love the sentiment behind these little bottles ...



The upper right corner features a mask I created using one of the Olde Curiosity Shoppe stickers, one of the page designs, and some feathers. The box in the corner houses a mini key with some ribbon fiber.


Another fun part of my little store: a flying pig! I cut out two extra sets of wings for my little piggy, then attached them using a brad.


Just move his extra set of wings around to make him fly.


Finally, the upper left corner. I made this pocket watch earlier today for Grungy Monday 37 using Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper, a little chipboard bee, and some fun Tim findings. 



Sorry again for the choppy pictures ... believe it or not, but my cellphone has been taking better pictures than my real camera! I should just trade in my camera for something whimsical like ... a new one. :) Thanks for looking - enjoy the rest of your week, everyone!

Supplies:

Graphic 45 - Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper, stickers, and chipboard tags
Tim Holtz Configurations Tray
Tim Holtz pocket watch, game spinners, mini gears, swivel clasp, baubles, mini key and lock, and glass vials
Distress Stain

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Your Olde Curiosity Shoppe is amazing. So much to see! So many details! Love it!

Gabrielle said...

There is so much to look and pour over in the photos but that flying pig made me chuckle! Thank you for making me smile today x

Deb Neerman said...

OMG, Maria, this is fan-freakin'-tastic!!!! Love it!