Sunday, December 25, 2011

Girlie/Grungy little mini book

What do you give the person who has everything? Something handmade and from the heart, that's what! For this special lady, I put together a quick little mini book (it measures about 5" high by 3" wide) that's small in size but huge in the "meaningful" department. Basically, it's an invitation for a girl's day out - because nothing is better than spending quality time with the ones you love.


This mini book is a 4-page album made from some white corrugated paper, Prima flowers, Prima paper, and the usual Maria favorites: pearls, crochet ribbon, and tulle! The corrugated paper came from a pizza box and the Prima paper I used came from one piece of paper that I found while checking out Stacy's Scrap Shack in Lincoln City a few weeks ago. The tulle, twill ribbon, pearls, Tim Holtz Vintage lace die, Distress Stain, Prima flowers, and amazing Distrezz-It-All are all from my Paper Mermaids stash, which will grow even bigger thanks to the amazing gift certificate that my sweet dad-in-law and mom-in-law got me for Christmas! Woo hoo! Now, back to our regular programming ... 

Here are the second and third pages: 


Fourth and fifth pages:



And the back:


I punched two holes in each page, then bound my book together using twill ribbon. I added some tulle for some added frill.


My mini book is quite small ... it's just a tad bigger than my cellphone.


Did I mention how much I love my Distrezz-It-All? Just look at all the neat texture it creates:



Thanks for looking! Up next, another handmade Christmas present using my Proper Gentleman paper from Gloria Stengel's December blog candy ... stay tuned!

5 comments:

ann said...

A really sweet little book and I love the colours, I am sure your friend will love it.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas!!

anna christensen crafts said...

Hi Maria, thanks for your lovely comment on my post! My daughter and I are having a lovely Christmas and hope you are too. I adore this album, I thought it was bigger till I saw it by the phone, Brilliantly detailed - the recipient must have been THRILLED!

Maria said...

Thank you, ladies! I had a LOVELY Christmas indeed! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

This is so beautiful! Love the tiny letters and all the soft fabric touches. Thanks for your kind words on my blog, Maria, and ... Happy New Year!

Maria said...

Aw, thank you, Marjie!! I hope you have a fabulous 2012!! Can't wait to see what you create with your new Tim stash!