Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sweet & simple birthday card

I love the challenge of making cards or scrapbooks with my friends' favorite colors in mind, especially when it's a color I don't naturally gravitate towards. My friend Jill loves the color yellow and has a simple, elegant style, so I wanted to make her a card that resembled all of those traits.

After spotting this yellow paper a few months back and using it for another card, I instantly enjoyed playing with the color yellow and was excited to use it for Jill's card.

Paper Mermaids carries these lovely wooden buttons ... thankfully, I had grabbed a few, and found the perfect home for one of them as the focal point of the card.

I ran some yellow floss through the button then centered it on my favorite crochet ribbon. I think I like yellow now ... :)


Supplies:

October Afternoon - Yellow Bikini paper
Scattered Straw distress ink
Bazzil cardstock
We R Memory Keepers - yellow floss

No comments: